C Programming Tutorial
C is a general-purpose (it is capable of creating all types of programs), imperative computer programming language. programming language used to solve a wide variety of problems.
C is often called a "Middle Level" programming language. because of its capability to access the system's low level functions. Most high-level languages (e.g. Fortran) provides everything the programmer might want to do already built into the language. A low level language (e.g. assembler) provides nothing other than access to the machines basic instruction set. A middle level language, such as C, it provides you with all the building blocks that you will need to produce the results you want.
Facts About C Language :
- C Programming Language was invented to write UNIX operating system.
- C Programming Language is a successor of ‘Basic Combined Programming Language’ (BPCL) called B language.
- Linux OS, PHP and MySQL is written using C Programming Language.
- C Programming Language is written in assembly language.
- Modern programming concepts are based on C Programming Language.
History of C Language :
- C is a robust(reliable) language with rich set of built-in functions and operators.
- Programs written in C run faster than programs written in many other high-level programming languages.
- C is highly portable. This means that C programs written for one computer can run on any other computer with little or no modification.
- Another important features of C is the ability to extend itself. This means the language encourages users to write additional library functions of their own. It should be noted that C already has large number of built-in library functions which can be used by programmers.
- C also contains many features because of which it can be used for low-level programming. This flexibility allows C to be used to write system programs(e.g. operating system) and application programs(e.g. programs to bill customers).